Re: [GENERAL] Have just libpg installer

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Have just libpg installer
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 05/23/2017 07:45 PM, Igor Korot wrote:
> Adrian,
>
> On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 7:28 PM, Adrian Klaver
> <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
>> On 05/23/2017 04:15 PM, Igor Korot wrote:
>>>
>>> Adrian,

>>> Yes, I mean libpq.
>>> Now yes, I can install it from the package manager or from source by
>>> just running
>>> ../configure and then make inside src/interface, since I can't find
>>> the binaries anywhere.
>>

>> Your second sentence is at odds with your first one. You can find the
>> binaries, they are in the packages.
>>
>> Still not sure what the conditions are that lead to building from source?
>
> Because I can't find libpg.so or libpg.dylib or libpg.Framework anywhere.

Not sure if they are there, but if they are you would find them as
libpq* (NOTE the q not g).

> Is there a place to get them?
>

>>> Especially for OSX as I have 10.8 here.
>>

>> What is the exact issue with OS X?
>>
>> You want a specific version of Postgres or something else?
>
> No.
> The reason being: mySQL Connector has binaries for different OSX version.
>
> But I guess PostgreSQL is different.

Well libpq is backwards compatible over Postgres versions. Not sure that
it really cares about the OS X version.

>>> Now, what about Windows? Is there any prebuilt libraries I can use
>>> from MSVC 2010?
>>

>> I tend to keep a 10' pole length away from Windows, so I am probably not the
>> best person to answer this. Though that has not stopped me before, so:
>>
>> https://www.enterprisedb.com/download-postgresql-binaries
>
> Is it for server or for a client?

It is just a zip file of the binaries installed by the one click
installer. One of those binaries is psql.exe.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Have just libpg installer
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Have just libpg installer