Re: Autogenerate some wait events code and documentation

От Drouvot, Bertrand
Тема Re: Autogenerate some wait events code and documentation
Дата
Re: Autogenerate some wait events code and documentation  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 9/5/23 7:44 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 04, 2023 at 02:14:58PM +0200, Drouvot, Bertrand wrote:
>>      # Build the descriptions.  There are in camel-case.
>>      # LWLock and Lock classes do not need any modifications.
>>
>> Nit: 2 whitespaces before "There are in camel"
>
> The whitespaces are intentional,

Oh ok, out of curiosity, why are 2 whitespaces intentional?

>> Then, the only diff is:
>>
>> < Client,WalSenderWaitWal,Waiting for WAL to be flushed in WAL sender process
>> ---
>>> Client,WalSenderWaitForWAL,Waiting for WAL to be flushed in WAL sender process
>>
>> That said, it looks good to me.
>
> Ah, good catch.  I did not think about cross-checking the data in the
> new view before and after the patch set.  This rename needs to happen
> in 0001.
>
> Please find v5 attached.  How does that look?

Thanks!

That looks good. I just noticed that v5 did re-introduce the "issue" that
was fixed in 00e49233a9.

Also, v5 needs a rebase due to f691f5b80a.

Attaching v6 taking care of the 2 points mentioned above.

Regards,

--
Bertrand Drouvot
PostgreSQL Contributors Team