Re: Corrupted Postgresql Microsoft Binaries

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Corrupted Postgresql Microsoft Binaries
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 8/24/22 12:22, Hillary Masha wrote:
> It looks like Windows 10 is unable to open the zip files for windows
> versions of the binaries 14.5, 13.8, 12.12, 11.17, 10.22. I get this
> error message when I double click the zip file or when I right click and
> select 'Extract All..'.
> image.png

I cranked  up a Windows 10 machine and I see the same thing.

Using 7-Zip:

https://www.7-zip.org/

for the extraction worked.

Must be something with the Windows built-in unzip code.

I generally keep 7-Zip on Windows machines because it can handle a
variety of compressed formats. When you install it will show up in the
context menu when you right click on a compressed file.

> I was able to successfully unzip files in powershell using the command
> below.
> image.png
>

> On Wed, Aug 24, 2022 at 2:40 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
>
>     On 8/24/22 09:17, Hillary Masha wrote:
>      > Thank you Adrian, I was able to unzip the files using powershell,
>     my OS
>      > is Windows 10 and I had been using Windows' 'Extract All' to try
>     to get
>      > the files. As well, simply double clicking to open the files
>     showed an
>      > error stating that windows cannot open this file. I had
>     download the zip
>      > files from
>      >
>     https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads
>     <https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads>
>
>     The files you where trying to open where unzipped with PowerShell or
>     'Extract All'(assuming this means from the right click context menu for
>     the zip file)?
>
>     Show commands/steps used in each case.
>
>     Which file(s) exactly?
>
>     What is the complete error message?
>
>     --
>     Adrian Klaver

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Corrupted Postgresql Microsoft Binaries
Сообщение: Re: Corrupted Postgresql Microsoft Binaries