Re: BUG #14234: PostgreSQL consuming large amount of memory for persistent connection

От 德哥
Тема Re: BUG #14234: PostgreSQL consuming large amount of memory for persistent connection
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

HI,
   This is a reproduce method for why PostgreSQL session cann't release memory.
   I have another case, has the same problem.
   so i don't known why postgres cann't release memory? or can you explain these memory contain which objects? why use this design?
best regards,
digoal

--
公益是一辈子的事,I'm Digoal,Just Do It.

At 2016-07-08 10:01:18, "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote: >digoal@126.com writes: >> why PostgreSQL session do not release these memory? >> it will comsume these memory until disconnect. > >Your session has created and accessed 100000 tables plus 100000 views. >I do not think you should complain if that takes a great deal of memory. >Either rethink why you need so many tables, or buy hardware commensurate >with the size of your problem. > > regards, tom lane