Re: how to REINDEX pg_database on

От Joshua Daniel Franklin
Тема Re: how to REINDEX pg_database on
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 11:00 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Joshua Daniel Franklin escribió:
>
>> xbrain_queries=# \d
>> No relations found.
>
> Hmmm, seems your Xid counter wrapped around.  Have you vacuumed the
> system catalogs in that database?  Particularly pg_class, pg_attribute
> etc ...
>
> Since you already have a backup, the easiest way out is to forget the
> borked installation and restore the backup, then ensure this doesn't
> happen to you ever again by switching to a more modern release that has
> specific protections against it.

That worked! Thanks Alvaro (and Tom). I will definitely take a look at migrating
this machine to a newer release. The problem is probably my VACUUM
procedure failing somewhere, but I would never have guessed that one my own.

You probably already know this, but this mailing list is such a huge community
asset due to the excellent answers you all provide.

Thanks again,
Joshua