AW: REINDEX VERBOSE DATABASE not working

От William Sescu (Suva)
Тема AW: REINDEX VERBOSE DATABASE not working
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hello David

Yes, I did read the thread. However, I still don’t see the advantage of running:

REINDEX ( VERBOSE ) DATABASE xxx;

Instead of:

REINDEX VERBOSE DATABASE xxx;

And coming back to the TAB completion thing, which is a fantastic feature, by the way, does not show you the option

which comes in parentheses. I don’t know if this is by design or not.

>REINDEX [TAB] [TAB]

DATABASE  INDEX     SCHEMA    SYSTEM    TABLE

I would expect with the current syntax implementation:

>REINDEX [TAB] [TAB]

(VERBOSE)    DATABASE  INDEX     SCHEMA    SYSTEM    TABLE

Nevertheless, thanks  everyone.

I think I will switch to the command line tool reindexdb. ;-) This one is more intuitive from my point of view:

reindexdb --verbose --dbname=xxx

Cheers,

William