Re: Table Partitioning

От Thomas F.O'Connell
Тема Re: Table Partitioning
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Ken,

Table partitioning doesn't really exist, to the best of my knowledge,
but tablespaces, which are new to 8.0, allow for partitioning of data
(individual tables, indexes) across multiple locations on disk.

See

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/sql-createtablespace.html

-tfo

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Co-Founder, Information Architect

On Mar 3, 2005, at 3:56 PM, Ken Reid wrote:

> I am new to postgres and was wondering if table partitioning
> is supported in Postgres. And if so what version and where can
> I find documentation on it.
>
> - Thank You
>
> - Ken Reid

      joining column's datatypes do not match