Re: pg_dump versus ancient server versions

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pg_dump versus ancient server versions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/7/21 13:59, Mark Dilger wrote:
>> On Dec 7, 2021, at 10:52 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>
>> I'm not entirely following ... are you suggesting that each released minor
>> version needs to be kept buildable separately?
> No.  I'm just wondering if we want to share the product of such efforts if anybody (me, for instance) volunteers to
doit for some subset of minor releases.  For my heap corruption checking work, I might want to be able to build a small
numberof old minor releases that I know had corruption bugs.

I doubt there's going to be a whole lot of changes. You should just be
able to cherry-pick them in most cases I suspect.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Why doesn't pgstat_report_analyze() focus on not-all-visible-page dead tuple counts, specifically?
От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: MSVC SSL test failure