Re: CONTEXT messages for raise EXCEPTION

От Michael Shapiro
Тема Re: CONTEXT messages for raise EXCEPTION
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I tried setting dbh->{pg_errorlevel} = 0 and 2
Neither setting produced the CONTEXT messages. 0 wasn't any different that 1, and 2 added
LOCATION:  exec_stmt_raise, pl_exec.c:2113

On Feb 13, 2008 1:11 PM, Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 11:27:16AM -0600, Michael Shapiro wrote:
> I am getting a lot of CONTEXT information along with the message when an
> EXCEPTION is raised. Does anyone know what controls whether EXCEPTIONS add
> the CONTEXT or not?

In the server logs the log_error_verbosity configuration setting
controls how much much detail is logged.  For client-side display,
in psql you can use the VERBOSITY variable.

> NOTE:  We are using Perl's DBI (which may or not be the cause).

For client-side display, see the pg_errorlevel database handle
attribute in the DBD::Pg manual page.

$dbh->{pg_errorlevel} = 0;  # terse
$dbh->{pg_errorlevel} = 1;  # default
$dbh->{pg_errorlevel} = 2;  # verbose