Re: pg_basebackup with hostssl ?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: pg_basebackup with hostssl ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2/2/22 08:37, Laura Smith wrote:

> Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

 From the OP:

"
Long story short, I've got the following in pg_hba.conf of the master:
hostssl    replication    all    10.0.0.0/8    md5

But the slave is complaining:
FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for replication connection from host
"10.1.2.3", user "myrepl", no encryption

"

The error is coming from a connection to the slave which does not have
data yet, correct? Or a matching pg_hba.conf entry, it would seem.

> And yes, that hba is loaded and live because other remote clients are happily connected to that server and thus
relianton a valid hba.conf.

> The host is correct. The user is correct.
>
> The point I am making is that pg_basebackup is connecting without encryption and I want to know how to tell it to use
encryption.The docs are silent on the subject.

Not completely:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/app-pgbasebackup.html

-d connstr
--dbname=connstr

     Specifies parameters used to connect to the server, as a
<connection string>; these will override any conflicting command line
options.

     The option is called --dbname for consistency with other client
applications, but because pg_basebackup doesn't connect to any
particular database in the cluster, any database name in the connection
string will be ignored.

Following the <connection string> link:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/libpq-connect.html#LIBPQ-CONNSTRING

You can use that to set sslmode.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Laura Smith
Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup with hostssl ?
От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup with hostssl ?