Re: pg_basebackup with hostssl ?

От Laura Smith
Тема Re: pg_basebackup with hostssl ?
Дата
Re: pg_basebackup with hostssl ?  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On Wednesday, February 2nd, 2022 at 16:30, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:

> I am not following. pg_basebackup is a stand alone client that is not
>
> involved in replication other then establishing a starting point from
>
> which to later establish a replication relationship.

Indeed. And that is exactly that I am trying to do (i.e. have master, want new slave).

> The error is saying that whatever instance you are pointing
>
> pg_basebackup at does not have entry in pg_hba.conf for the
>
> host/user/encryption combination pg_basebackup is trying to connect as.

But it *DOES* have an entry, per my original message:
"hostssl    replication    all    10.0.0.0/8    md5"

And yes, that hba is loaded and live because other remote clients are happily connected to that server and thus reliant
ona valid hba.conf.

The host is correct. The user is correct.

The point I am making is that pg_basebackup is connecting without encryption and I want to know how to tell it to use
encryption.The docs are silent on the subject.

Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup with hostssl ?
Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup with hostssl ?