Re: [pgbackrest] Expiring the last backup?

От Ron
Тема Re: [pgbackrest] Expiring the last backup?
Дата
Re: [pgbackrest] Expiring the last backup?  (David Steele <david@pgmasters.net>)
Список pgsql-general
On 1/24/19 8:11 AM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> * Ron (ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com) wrote:

>>> Yeah, pgbackrest doesn't ever really think you want to get rid of *all*
>>> of your backups. :)
>> It's rare, but *is* occasionally needed.

>>> If this is the only backup and the only cluster being backed up into
>>> that repository, you could just nuke the whole repo and recreate it with
>>> stanza-create once you're ready to have backups again..
>> That occurred to me while lying in bed.  Use "stanza-delete"?
> That's another option,

What's the preferred method?

> though you'll have to use --force unless you're also shutting PG down.

Won't be stopping postgres!!!

Are these the steps, or am I missing something?

$ pgbackrest stop
$ pgbackrest stanza-delete --stanza=mystanza--force

От: Don Seiler
Сообщение: Re: Postgres 11 chooses seq scan instead of index-only scan