Re: [HACKERS] Page Scan Mode in Hash Index

От Jesper Pedersen
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Page Scan Mode in Hash Index
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 08/23/2017 07:38 AM, Amit Kapila wrote:
> Thanks for the new version.  I again looked at the patches and fixed
> quite a few comments in the code and ReadMe.  You have forgotten to
> update README for the changes in vacuum patch
> (0003-Improve-locking-startegy-during-VACUUM-in-Hash-Index_v7).  I
> don't have anything more to add.  If you are okay with changes, then
> we can move it to Ready For Committer unless someone else has some
> more comments.

Just some minor comments.

README:
+    it's pin till the end of scan)

its pin till the end of the scan)

+To minimize lock/unlock traffic, hash index scan always searches entire
hash

To minimize lock/unlock traffic, hash index scan always searches the
entire hash

hashsearch.c:

+static inline void _hash_saveitem(HashScanOpaque so, int itemIndex,
+               OffsetNumber offnum, IndexTuple itup);

There are other instances of "inline" in the code base, so I guess that
this is ok.

+     * Advance to next tuple on current page; or if there's no more, try to

Advance to the next tuple on the current page; or if done, try to

Best regards, Jesper