Re: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and KeyManagement Service (KMS)

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and KeyManagement Service (KMS)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 06/20/2018 05:09 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 09:49:20AM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>> know the ordering of the values under whatever ordering semantics
>> apply to that index.  It's unclear to me how useful such information
>
> I don't think an ordered index is possible, only indexing of encrypted
> hashes, i.e. see this and the next slide:

It is possible with homomorphic encryption -- whether we want to support
that in core is another matter.

Joe

--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com

Сообщение: Re: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and KeyManagement Service (KMS)
Сообщение: Re: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and KeyManagement Service (KMS)