Re: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and KeyManagement Service (KMS)

От Nico Williams
Тема Re: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and KeyManagement Service (KMS)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 06:06:56PM -0400, Joe Conway wrote:
> On 06/20/2018 05:09 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 09:49:20AM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> >> know the ordering of the values under whatever ordering semantics
> >> apply to that index.  It's unclear to me how useful such information
> >
> > I don't think an ordered index is possible, only indexing of encrypted
> > hashes, i.e. see this and the next slide:
>
> It is possible with homomorphic encryption -- whether we want to support
> that in core is another matter.

It's also possible using DNSSEC NSEC3-style designs.

Nico

От: Joe Conway
Сообщение: Re: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and KeyManagement Service (KMS)
Сообщение: Re: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and KeyManagement Service (KMS)