Re: Pre-version pg_upgrade syntax check

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Pre-version pg_upgrade syntax check
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2/11/20 9:00 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Feb 2020, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>
>> The above runs the psql client not the server. It is a way of determining
>> what version binaries /usr/lib64/postgresql/11/bin/ actually contains.
>
> Adrian,
>
> Aha! Running the command taught me a couple of valuable lessons because
> both
> 11 and 12 show they're running 12.1. That's because the SlackBuilds.org
> build script apparently upgraded 11.5 to 12.1 in the same
> /usr/lib64/postgresql/11/ directory. Before the next major version upgrade

 From here:

https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/system/postgresql/

the latest build is for Postgres 10.10 and it does:

PG_VERSION=${PG_VERSION:-10.10}

./configure \
   --prefix=/usr/lib${LIBDIRSUFFIX}/$PRGNAM/$PG_VERSION \
   --sysconfdir=/etc/$PRGNAM/$PG_VERSION \
   --includedir=/usr/include \
   --datarootdir=/usr/share \
   --mandir=/usr/man \
   --docdir=/usr/doc/$PRGNAM-$VERSION \
   --datadir=/usr/share/$PRGNAM-$PG_VERSION \

Is there maybe a custom script in the mix somewhere?
Or something else setting PG_VERSION?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com