Re: Pre-version pg_upgrade syntax check

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Pre-version pg_upgrade syntax check
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 11 Feb 2020, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> The above runs the psql client not the server. It is a way of determining
> what version binaries /usr/lib64/postgresql/11/bin/ actually contains.

Adrian,

Aha! Running the command taught me a couple of valuable lessons because both
11 and 12 show they're running 12.1. That's because the SlackBuilds.org
build script apparently upgraded 11.5 to 12.1 in the same
/usr/lib64/postgresql/11/ directory. Before the next major version upgrade
I'll ensure the new version is installed in the proper subdirectory.

Since 12.1 is running I'll remove the version 11 directories.

Thanks very much,

Rich