Re: Description field for tables and views

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: Description field for tables and views
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Στις 3/7/24 22:28, ο/η Kent Dorfman έγραψε:
> I think I already know the answer but asking here is probably quicker
> turnaround than researching it.
>
> I've gotten into a "view bloat" scenario with many many custom views
> that I cannot remember what they actually do.  Is there any psql
> function/command to add a description field to a table or view
> definition in the system?  Would be nice to have a one line general
> text note capability to quickly see what a complicated view does when
> looking at the defintion via
> # \dv+
>
> Looks like the command has the field present, but not sure how to
> populate it.
>
> am using PostgreSQL 13.xx in Debian.
In addition to the COMMENT advised by PostgreSQL friends above, you
might put your schema into some version control system, such as git, so
you can have all the info : why something was added/changed, by whom,
what for, etc.

--
Achilleas Mantzios
  IT DEV - HEAD

От: Christophe Pettus
Сообщение: Can't dump new-style sequences independently from their tables.
От: Kent Dorfman
Сообщение: Re: Description field for tables and views