Re: Documentation for create unique index is insuficient and (becauseof that) incorrect

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: Documentation for create unique index is insuficient and (becauseof that) incorrect
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 11/20/18 9:59 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org> writes:
>
>>> The first URL is an example and is not intended to be the complete
>>> syntax.
>
>> In fairness, the "INCLUDE" clause was added, which is new to PostgreSQL
>> 11, so it could raise the question as to why aren't other clauses there.
>
> Yes.  That was a dumb idea; the correct fix is to take that out, because
> it's not appropriate here.  There might be room for an additional section
> later in the chapter that discusses INCLUDE, but we shouldn't be
> cluttering the discussion of fundamental concepts like unique indexes
> with that.

Shows how closely I read the docs. +1 on removing INCLUDE from UNIQUE

Also +1 on having a section on covering indexes.

Jonathan

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Documentation for create unique index is insuficient and (because of that) incorrect
Сообщение: Re: Documentation for create unique index is insuficient and (because of that) incorrect