Re: Documentation for create unique index is insuficient and (because of that) incorrect

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Documentation for create unique index is insuficient and (because of that) incorrect
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
"Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org> writes:
> On 11/20/18 9:59 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Yes.  That was a dumb idea; the correct fix is to take that out, because
>> it's not appropriate here.  There might be room for an additional section
>> later in the chapter that discusses INCLUDE, but we shouldn't be
>> cluttering the discussion of fundamental concepts like unique indexes
>> with that.

> Shows how closely I read the docs. +1 on removing INCLUDE from UNIQUE
>
> Also +1 on having a section on covering indexes.

I see Alvaro is on the same page here.  I'll go write something
later today.

Сообщение: Re: Documentation for create unique index is insuficient and (becauseof that) incorrect
Сообщение: Re: Documentation for create unique index is insuficient and (because of that) incorrect