Re: Converting README documentation to Markdown

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Converting README documentation to Markdown
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 28.06.24 11:56, Jelte Fennema-Nio wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jun 2024 at 09:38, Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
>> Getting that right in Markdown can be quite tricky.
>
> I agree that in some cases it's tricky. But what's the worst case that
> can happen when you get it wrong? It renders weird on github.com.

I have my "less" set up so that "less somefile.md" automatically renders
the markdown.  That's been pretty useful.  But if that now keeps making
a mess out of PostgreSQL's README files, then I'm going to have to keep
fixing things, and I might get really mad.  That's the worst that could
happen. ;-)

So I don't agree with "aspirational markdown".  If we're going to do it,
then I expect that the files are marked up correctly at all times.

Conversely, what's the best that could happen?