Re: Converting README documentation to Markdown

От Jelte Fennema-Nio
Тема Re: Converting README documentation to Markdown
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 28 Jun 2024 at 09:38, Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
> Getting that right in Markdown can be quite tricky.

I agree that in some cases it's tricky. But what's the worst case that
can happen when you get it wrong? It renders weird on github.com.
Luckily there's a "code" button to go to the plain text format[1]. In
all other cases (which I expect will be most) the doc will be easier
to read. Forcing plaintext, just because sometimes we might make a
mistake in the syntax seems like an overcorrection imho. Especially
because these docs are (hopefully) read more often than written.

[1]: https://github.com/postgres/postgres/blob/master/README.md?plain=1