Re: Exporting TBs of data in Oracle schema/database into CSV formatto migrate into PostgreSQL

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: Exporting TBs of data in Oracle schema/database into CSV formatto migrate into PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Prashant Kulkarni schrieb am 20.04.2020 um 13:53:
> Hi Team,
>
> Please can you let me know the menthds/tools/approches to export
> large amount of data (TBs) present in the schemas into the
> CSV/delimated format as we have to import that into PostgreSQL
> later.
>
> I tried for options like SQL Developer/Toad but those are not
> feasible for vast data size, these tool are OK for GBs of data to
> export.
>
> Kindly let me know if you have any solution to complete this task.

Using a foreign table would remove the need to dump and transfer
the data to begin with.

Then you could access the Oracle table directly from within Postgres:

insert into some_table (...)
select ...
from oracle_fdw_table;

Сообщение: Re: Exporting TBs of data in Oracle schema/database into CSV formatto migrate into PostgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: Exporting TBs of data in Oracle schema/database into CSV formatto migrate into PostgreSQL