Re: [GENERAL] Postgres DB is failed due to pg_Xlog is continues full.

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Postgres DB is failed due to pg_Xlog is continues full.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 9/13/2017 8:29 PM, Yogesh Sharma wrote:

> We are using Postgres 8.1.18 version.
> In Postgres log, we found below logs.
> –---------------------
> CONTEXT:writing block 0 of relation 1664/0/1260
> ERROR: could not write block 0 of relation 1664/0/1260: Bad address
>
> ------------------------
> Due to this pglog_Xlog directory has been continuously increased and
> directory has been full and Postgres is stopped.
> Please let me know how to recover this issue.

PostgreSQL 8.1 has been unsupported for quite a long time. 8.1.18 was
released in 2009, 8.1.23 was the last update of 8.1 in late 2010.

the oldest 'supported' postgres is 9.2, and thats at EOL.

prior to that error, something else catastrophic must have happened to
the system, that error is more of a side effect. recovering a database
server that far gone which is running such an obsolete version will
likely be an expensive proposition. before doing anything, you should
make a complete backup of the $PGDATA directory (and other tablespace
directories, if you use any).