Re: inherited table and rules

От Scott Frankel
Тема Re: inherited table and rules
Дата
Re: inherited table and rules  (Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org>)
Re: inherited table and rules  (Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Syntax troubles.

What is the proper syntax for using FROM ONLY table_name in an UPDATE
statement?
According to the docs, In a FROM clause, I should be able to use the
ONLY keyword
preceding the table name.  This throws an error:

    UPDATE FROM ONLY people SET color = 'cyan' WHERE usr_pkey = 1;

What is the proper syntax for specifying FROM ONLY in the inheritance
statement?
This also throws an error:

    CREATE TABLE people_history (
    hist_pkey    SERIAL    NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
    hist_tstamp  timestamp DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
    ) INHERITS ONLY (people);

What does GUC stand for? ;)

Thanks!
Scott