Re: inherited table and rules

От Thomas F.O'Connell
Тема Re: inherited table and rules
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Did you happen to look at the manual?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/sql-update.html

It pretty clearly indicates that the syntax is UPDATE ONLY table, so
try eliminating the FROM in your UPDATE example below.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/sql-createtable.html

The CREATE TABLE entry also pretty clearly indicates that ONLY is not
allowed in specifying inheritance. All you need is the table name, so
try eliminating the ONLY from your CREATE example below.

GUC is the Grand Unified Configuration scheme, which was introduced in
7.1.

-tfo

--
Thomas F. O'Connell