Re: New "function tables" in V13 documentation

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: New "function tables" in V13 documentation
Дата
Re: New "function tables" in V13 documentation  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 11/9/20 12:06 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On 2020-Nov-08, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>
>> On 11/8/20 1:57 PM, Thomas Kellerer wrote:
>>> In case someone is interested: there is a little discussion going on on
>>> Reddit whether the new format of presenting functions in V13 is a step
>>> backwards:
>>>
>>>      https://www.reddit.com/r/PostgreSQL/comments/jpi0rp/does_anyone_else_feel_like_the_v13_docs_are_a/
>>
>> Yeah, I would agree with the mobile first design comments. Then again that
>> plague is hitting most sites these days. My 2 cents is it is a step
>> backwards. You can cover more ground quickly and digest it faster in the old
>> format.
>
> The person who made that comment retracted later.
>
> If you have suggestion on how to improve the new format, I'm sure we can
> discuss that.  It seems pretty clear to me that we're not going back to
> the old format.

Improve it by going back to old format. Not sure why that is not open to
discussion?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Foreign Data Wrapper Handler