Re: TODO item: adding VERBOSE option to CLUSTER [with patch]

От Jim Cox
Тема Re: TODO item: adding VERBOSE option to CLUSTER [with patch]
Дата
Re: TODO item: adding VERBOSE option to CLUSTER [with patch]  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 9:37 AM, Jim Cox <shakahshakah@gmail.com> wrote:
Is anyone working the "CLUSTER: Add VERBOSE option..." TODO item listed
on the PostgreSQL Wiki? If not, would it be wise for me to use
VERBOSE handling in an existing command (e.g. VACUUM)
as a guide while adding VERBOSE to CLUSTER?

A patch s/b attached which adds a "VERBOSE" option to the CLUSTER command as
mentioned in the following TODO item for CLUSTER: "Add VERBOSE option
to report tables as they are processed, like VACUUM VERBOSE".

In short, all three variations of the CLUSTER command now take an optional
"VERBOSE" arg, if present an INFO message is generated which displays
the schema.tblname just before actual clustering is kicked off (see example below).

postgres=# CLUSTER ;
CLUSTER

postgres=# CLUSTER VERBOSE ;
INFO:  clustering "public.my_b"
INFO:  clustering "public.my_c"
INFO:  clustering "public.my_a"
CLUSTER

postgres=# CLUSTER public.my_c ;
CLUSTER

postgres=# CLUSTER public.my_c VERBOSE ;
INFO:  clustering "public.my_c"
CLUSTER

Вложения