Automating pg_Dump on Windows 2016 Server

От Simon White
Тема Automating pg_Dump on Windows 2016 Server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi

Automating pg_dump seems to be unnecessarily difficult from Windows
Server 2016.  I have tried using the PGPASSWORD environment variable and
the PGPASSFILE environment variable all to no avail.  The result is that
I am always prompted for a password.  Could you not create a option to
pass the password on the command line or the location of a password file
to be used. That certainly would make things simpler.

Since I was using the "postgres" user I tried setting the password under
the "postgres" user in pgAdmin4 but that did not help either.

--
Regards,
Simon White