Re: Migrate 8.0 dump to 7.4

От Jaime Casanova
Тема Re: Migrate 8.0 dump to 7.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1/21/07, mbneto <mbneto@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a dumpall file generated from a 8.0 version that I need to import
> back to a 7.4 server.
>
> Is there a way to do that?
>
> a psql -f db.out template1 gives me
> psql:/tmp/db.out:687: ERROR:  syntax error next "INDEX" at character 7

you must edit your script backup manually in order to match the syntax
to that allowed in 7.4

in this case you can go to the line 687 (the line is indicated in
psql:/tmp/db.out:line) and fix that syntax... execute again and fix
the next message and so on ( a good idea is to put BEGIN; at the
beginning of the script and ROLLBACK at the end until you fix all
messages)...

--
regards,
Jaime Casanova