Re: autovacuum on updated rows

От Jaime Casanova
Тема Re: autovacuum on updated rows
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 11/11/05, Stephen Byers <stephenabyers@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am using new postgres 8.1 and also trying out the integrated autovacuum.
> I have a concern.
>
> I have a table where I perform an update on a row every 10 seconds.  The
> table is VERY small.  Hardly any INSERTS, no DELETES, and a ton of UPDATES.
>
> adbs_db=# select count(*) from volumes;
>  count
> -------
>      7
> (1 row)
>

> I am looking at the file sizes that correspond to this table and its
> indeces.  They are growing -- I think I understand why -- dead rows are
> occuring on an UPDATE.  But what I don't understand is why autovacuum has
> not kicked in-- I have kept the default values on autovacuum.

i will assume you change #autovacuum=off for on in postgresql.conf you
have to activet stats_stat_collector and stats_row_level too...

here explains what factors are used for determining vacuum needs for
tables: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/maintenance.html#AUTOVACUUM

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova