Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi David.

On 2018/04/09 12:48, David Rowley wrote:
> While looking at the docs in [1], I saw that we still mention:
>
> 4. Ensure that the constraint_exclusion configuration parameter is not
> disabled in postgresql.conf. If it is, queries will not be optimized
> as desired.
>
> This is no longer true. The attached patch removed it.
>
> [1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/ddl-partitioning.htm
Thanks.  I was aware of the changes that would need to be made, but you
beat me to writing the patch itself.

About the patch:

While the users no longer need to enable constraint_exclusion true for
select queries, one would still need it for update/delete queries, because
the new pruning logic only gets invoked for the former.  Alas...

Also, further down on that page, there is a 5.10.4 Partitioning and
Constraint Exclusion sub-section.  I think it would also need some tweaks
due to new developments.

I updated your patch to fix that.  Please take a look.

Thanks,
Amit

Вложения

От: Amit Langote
Сообщение: Re: [sqlsmith] Failed assertion on pfree() viaperform_pruning_combine_step
От: John Naylor
Сообщение: Re: Documentation for bootstrap data conversion