Re: pg_hba.conf & putty

От Moritz Bayer
Тема Re: pg_hba.conf & putty
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
hello phillip,

yes, the connection i defined in pgadmin uses localhost:5432.

Still, no success :(

2007/3/6, Phillip Smith < phillip.smith@weatherbeeta.com.au>:

What address are you connecting to on your desktop computer? You should be using localhost:5432 which putty will redirect to the server via the SSH tunnel and the server will connect to PostgreSQL on your behalf.

~p

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org [mailto: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Moritz Bayer
Sent: Tuesday, 6 March 2007 10:31
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] pg_hba.conf & putty

dear list,

I know there are already hunderts of posts about pg_hba.conf, but still after reading a few of them I still got troubles with this topic.

I've got a vpn server  with a ststic ip address, java apps are supposed to run there receiving data from a postgresql database.
The database is running, but for changes on it I want to open a putty connection while using pgAdmin.
In putty, I define a tunnel to port 5432, its displayed like this: Lserver.ip.address:5432

Thought this entries in my pg_hba.conf would do it:

local   all         all                               md5

# IPv4 local connections:
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          md5

# IPv6 local connections:
host    all         all         ::1/128               md5

well, it doesn't. When i run  pgAdmin with an open  putty connection, it still says: error connecting to server.

Any hints how I can find out whats still wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Mo

*******************Confidentiality and Privilege Notice*******************

The material contained in this message is privileged and confidential to the addressee. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message or responsible for delivery of the message to such person, you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone, and you should destroy it and kindly notify the sender by reply email.

Information in this message that does not relate to the official business of Weatherbeeta must be treated as neither given nor endorsed by Weatherbeeta. Weatherbeeta, its employees, contractors or associates shall not be liable for direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from transmission of this message or any attachments