Re: What's a correct or good Encoding for Postgres 9.1.2?

От Khangelani Gama
Тема Re: What's a correct or good Encoding for Postgres 9.1.2?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi

We were getting this error.

ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xa0

We are thinking of using SQL_ASCII in postgres 9.1.2

And that we will be feeding from backup server(UTF-8) into another server that’s using SQL_ASCII. Where are not if it’ll be fine to feed from UTF-8 to SQL_ASCII.

Clear explaination:

We have

Primary server and the backup server running on postgres7.3.4 using SQL_ASCII. And another server which is already on 9.1.2 already is using SQL_ASCII. We feed the same data(from backup server) into this third server.

Now we are upgrading these two servers(primary and backup) to Postgres9.1.2 where we use UTF-8 encoding.

So talking about compatibility, you are saying we can continue using UTF-8?, but this will create more work for us because most of our scripts assume that encoding is  SQL_ASCII hence we want continue using SQL_ASCII in Postgres 9.1.2.

Thanks