Re: Postgres no longer starts

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Postgres no longer starts
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 05/30/12 8:25 AM, Bart Lateur wrote:

> After an update on the system, and adding mod_ssl in Apache (is this
> related? No idea.), Postgres no longer starts up. It just fails
> silently. “pgstartup.log” contains only one single line:
>
> runuser: cannot set groups: Operation not permitted

did you use yum to install everything? do you use any non-standard
CentOS repositories ?

CentOS 5 came with an older version of PG (8.1, I think?), so where did
you get 8.4 from, and how did you install it originally?

the PGDG packaged postgresql versions for CentOS/RHEL appear to use
`runuser` instead of `su` if selinux is enabled ... so this is likely a
selinux related issue.

Сообщение: Re: What's a correct or good Encoding for Postgres 9.1.2?
Сообщение: Re: What's a correct or good Encoding for Postgres 9.1.2?