Re: [HACKERS] Failure in commit_ts tap tests

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Failure in commit_ts tap tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 01/26/2017 03:50 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>>> Works for me.
>> If that's enough to get the "make check" cases passing in the buildfarm,
>> then +1.
> Okay, done.
>
> It is really quite annoying that the buildfarm doesn't do what stock
> tests do.  What about pushing a bit stronger for having these
> optimizations as part of the standard build run, instead of being only
> in the buildfarm client script?

There is nothing that the buildfarm does that's not a stock test. What
it does is run the stock tests with USE_MODULE_DB=1 (which you can do
too). That is something provided for in our Make files. The reason is
that otherwise we constantly overwrite the regression database. That can
make it a lot harder to go back after a buildfarm run and find errors.

That's why you should not assume the name of the database when you're
writing a test.

cheers

andrew