Re: pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR: compressed data is corrupt

От Roman Chervotkin
Тема Re: pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR: compressed data is corrupt
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Guys PLEASE help. I still with the problem.

I've asked about my problem in opensolaris zfs list and what that they say

Most likely this is an application corruption problem.  With ZFS
checksums, it's not possible to have undetected corruption of this type.

Of course, it's possible there is a ZFS bug somewhere, but none of the
information provided so far indicates that.  Did you have an unexpected
panic shortly before this happened?  It shouldn't matter, but if there
was a bug then it would indicate it might be present in the ZIL replay
code, or that the database isn't using sync/O_DYNC correctly.

> -bash-3.00# fmdump -e
> TIME                 CLASS
> May 29 19:43:40.8328 ereport.fs.zfs.io

This suggests that there was a single I/O error, and did not result in
any user-visible errors.

As far as I can tell, you had a random unassociated error, and that the
problem is some higher-level piece of software (i.e. postgres).  It
would be worth dumping the contents of that file and determining if it's
something completely crazy (like the contents of another file) or
somehow self-inconsistent.

So, what do you think, about that? And what is the strategy to clean the error? Find and drop faulty record?