Re: User documentation vs Official Docs

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: User documentation vs Official Docs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/16/2018 02:54 PM, Vick Khera wrote:

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 5:44 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
On 07/16/2018 02:22 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
On 07/16/2018 01:59 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:

We have a place for this to go, in the official docs, already split out
by version, and it starts here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/tutorial-start.html

As for some "strong SEO" I think already the top hit for almost everything I seek postgres related is the official manual, so it seems to have good SEO. The only big improvement would be somehow to tell google to only show me the newest version of the manual, not all of the older ones too, for the same page.

You aren't wrong on how its ranked but here is an example of what I am talking about with SEO:

Search:
postgresql backups

For me, the first three are the docs which are not very useful if you just want backups that just work (unless you are someone like you and I who are using the docs for reference not howto). The fourth link is this one:

https://www.compose.com/articles/postgresql-backups-and-everything-you-need-to-know/

Which is a great article but also isn't what I am thinking about. What I am thinking about is articles like this:

https://www.commandprompt.com/blog/a_better_backup_with_postgresql_using_pg_dump/

Which in this case is clearly out of date but provides context of what I am trying to achieve.

JD

***  A fault and talent of mine is to tell it exactly how it is.  ***
PostgreSQL centered full stack support, consulting and development.
Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://postgresconf.org
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****

Сообщение: Re: User documentation vs Official Docs
Сообщение: Re: User documentation vs Official Docs