Memory Leakage Problem

От Kathy Lo
Тема Memory Leakage Problem
Дата
Re: Memory Leakage Problem
Список pgsql-performance
Hi,

I setup a database server using the following configuration.

Redhat 9.0
Postgresql 8.0.3

Then, I setup a client workstation to access this database server with
the following configuration.

Redhat 9.0
unixODBC 2.2.11
psqlodbc-08.01.0101

and write a C++ program to run database query.

In this program, it will access this database server using simple and
complex (joining tables) SQL Select statement and retrieve the matched
rows. For each access, it will connect the database and disconnect it.

I found that the memory of the databaser server nearly used up (total 2G RAM).

After I stop the program, the used memory did not free.

Is there any configuration in postgresql.conf I should set? Currently,
I just set the following in postgresql.conf

    listen_addresses = '*'
    max_stack_depth = 8100 (when I run "ulimit -s" the max. value that
kernel supports = 8192)
    stats_row_level = true

And, I run pg_autovacuum as background job.

--
Kathy Lo