Re: Some performance degradation in REL_16 vs REL_15

От Anton A. Melnikov
Тема Re: Some performance degradation in REL_16 vs REL_15
Дата
Re: Some performance degradation in REL_16 vs REL_15  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 13.10.2023 05:05, Andres Freund wrote:
> Could you provide a bit more details about how you ran the benchmark?  The
> reason I am asking is that ~330 TPS is pretty slow for -c20.  Even on spinning
> rust and using the default settings, I get considerably higher results.
>
> Oh - I do get results closer to yours if I use pgbench scale 1, causing a lot
> of row level contention. What scale did you use?

I use default scale of 1.
And run the command sequence:
$pgbench -i bench
$sleep 1
$pgbench -c20 -T10 -j8
in a loop to get similar initial conditions for every "pgbench -c20 -T10 -j8" run.

Thanks for your interest!

With the best wishes,

--
Anton A. Melnikov
The Russian Postgres Company

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: False "pg_serial": apparent wraparound” in logs