Re: Urgent!!!! Setting permissions on Views

От Greg Patnude
Тема Re: Urgent!!!! Setting permissions on Views
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
CREATE RULE no_inserts_on_my_view AS ON INSERT TO myView DO INSTEAD NOTHING;

--
Greg Patnude / The Digital Demention
2916 East Upper Hayden Lake Road

Hello,

            I have a small problem setting the permissions for my data. Actually my application allows specific users to manipulate selected tuples stored in the same tables. Therefore, I revoked all privileged on the tables and encapsulated them through views based on the “user” variable. This way specific users control specific data.

            The problem arises when I try to lock my data once it was validated. Although I set the permissions on the views to select and revoked the insert, update and delete privileges; my users are capable of modifying the table through the views. I even tried to revoke the select permission but this does not solve the problem.

            Can anyone help me fix this problem???

Regards