Re: INSERT...ON DUPLICATE KEY IGNORE

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: INSERT...ON DUPLICATE KEY IGNORE
Дата
Re: INSERT...ON DUPLICATE KEY IGNORE  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

We seem to be miscommunication a bit.

You've proposed an framework and algorithm for something I'd really, really like to see. I don't think that it can work
explicitlyas you proposed, so I roughly sketched out a solution I can see.

I don't want "my" idea to win, I want a idea to win. I haven't fleshed out my idea to the point where I would consider
itsomething ready to implement or something.

You're the patch author here whose plans are laid open to be scrutinized ;). If you think my idea has merit, use and
adaptit to reality. If not, find another, better, solution.

Even if our path to that goal is confrontational at times, the goal is to find a good solution, not the argument
itself.

I haven't argued about INSERT ... DUPLICATE LOCK because the page locking scheme doesn't seem to work out for plain
DUPLICATE.No need to think/argue about the fancier version in that case.

Regards,

Andres
Please excuse brevity and formatting - I am writing this on my mobile phone.

Сообщение: Re: INSERT...ON DUPLICATE KEY IGNORE
Сообщение: Re: INSERT...ON DUPLICATE KEY IGNORE