Re: INSERT...ON DUPLICATE KEY IGNORE

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: INSERT...ON DUPLICATE KEY IGNORE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 8:08 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> You've proposed an framework and algorithm for something I'd really, really like to see. I don't think that it can
workexplicitly as you proposed, so I roughly sketched out a solution I can see.

> I don't want "my" idea to win, I want a idea to win. I haven't fleshed out my idea to the point where I would
considerit something ready to implement or something.

> You're the patch author here whose plans are laid open to be scrutinized ;). If you think my idea has merit, use and
adaptit to reality. If not, find another, better, solution.

> Even if our path to that goal is confrontational at times, the goal is to find a good solution, not the argument
itself.

Totally agreed.

> I haven't argued about INSERT ... DUPLICATE LOCK because the page locking scheme doesn't seem to work out for plain
DUPLICATE.No need to think/argue about the fancier version in that case.

Check.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: proposal: Set effective_cache_size to greater of .conf value, shared_buffers
От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: get rid of SQL_ASCII?