Re: Migrating from Sql Server to PostgreSQL - postgres drivers

От Mark Rotteveel
Тема Re: Migrating from Sql Server to PostgreSQL - postgres drivers
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On 2017-12-13 17:54, guido.lelorrain@thomsonreuters.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Apologies if this question has been answered but I have yet to find a
> solution from searches online.
>
> I have installed the latest PostgreSQL 10.1 and using the EDB
> Migration Toolkit (trying)
>
> I am experiencing the same issues as per link:
> http://helgasoft.com/tools/migration.html [1]
>
> However for some reason I can't get passed the
>
> _Connecting with target Postgres database server... _
> _Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/postgresql/Driver _
> _com.edb.dbhandler.postgresql.PGConnection.<
> init>(PGConnection.java:32_
>
> _ _
>
> I have placed the postgresql-42.1.1.jar in C:\Program files
> (x86)\sdb\mtk\lib
>
> However I still geting the same error. I have installed Java 8.151 and
> my edbmtk-51.config does have the correct path defined.
>
> Can anyone help in suggesting where to correctly place the
> postgresql-42.1.1.jar or have a solution to the error message:
>
> _Connecting with target Postgres database server... _
> _Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/postgresql/Driver _
> _com.edb.dbhandler.postgresql.PGConnection.<
> init>(PGConnection.java:32_
>
> Am I missing some other configuration or binaries?

Please post the full exception stacktrace. Given the error is
NoClassDefFoundError, and not ClassNotFoundException, the driver is
probably present, but could not be loaded. This could happen if you are
using a driver for the wrong Java version, eg using the Java 8 version
of the driver, while the application is running under Java 7 (although
that would mean you have missed or ignored a
UnsupportedClassVersionError).

Mark

Сообщение: Re: Migrating from Sql Server to PostgreSQL - postgres drivers
Сообщение: Re: Migrating from Sql Server to PostgreSQL - postgres drivers