Re: Build fails with different versions of clang and LLVM

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Build fails with different versions of clang and LLVM
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 23/04/18 18:28, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2018-04-23 04:33:04 -0400, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> So, I have LLVM 3.9 installed, but no clang 3.9. Only clang 3.8.
>
> Any specific reason, or just happenstance?

Just happenstance. I had clang and llvm 3.8 installed previously. But
PostgreSQL needs llvm 3.9, so I installed that, but I didn't think to
install clang 3.9.

To add to the story: I installed clang 3.9, but I still got the same
error. I now had both clang 3.8 and 3.9 installed, but /usr/bin/clang
still pointed to clang-3.8, so autoconf still picked that up. Only after
removing clang-3.8 altogether, it started working.

For the record, this is on a pretty normal Debian Stretch installation.

- Heikki