Re: SQL/JSON revisited

От Elena Indrupskaya
Тема Re: SQL/JSON revisited
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tags in the patch follow the markup of the XMLTABLE function:

<function>XMLTABLE</function> (
<replaceable>namespace_uri</replaceable> <literal>AS</literal>
<replaceable>namespace_name</replaceable> <optional>, ...</optional> ),
</optional>
     <replaceable>row_expression</replaceable>
<replaceable>document_expression</replaceable>
     <literal>COLUMNS</literal> <replaceable>name</replaceable> {
<replaceable>column_expression</replaceable></optional>
<replaceable>default_expression</replaceable></optional>
                   | <literal>FOR ORDINALITY</literal> }
             <optional>, ...</optional>
) <returnvalue>setof record</returnvalue>

In the above, as well as in the signatures of SQL/JSON functions, there
are no exact parameter names; otherwise, they should have been followed
by the <type> tag, which is not the case. There are no parameter names
in the functions' code either. Therefore, <replaceable> tags seem more
appropriate, according to the comment to commit 47046763c3.

Sorry for upsetting your bot. :(

--
Elena Indrupskaya
Lead Technical Writer