Re: SQL/JSON revisited

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: SQL/JSON revisited
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-01-10 Tu 07:51, Elena Indrupskaya wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Postgres Pro documentation team prepared another SQL/JSON
> documentation patch (attached), to apply on top of
> v1-0009-Documentation-for-SQL-JSON-features.patch.
> The new patch:
> - Fixes minor typos
> - Does some rewording agreed with Nikita Glukhov
> - Updates Docbook markup to make tags consistent across SQL/JSON
> documentation and across func.sgml, and in particular, consistent with
> the XMLTABLE function, which resembles SQL/JSON functions pretty much.

That's nice, but please don't post incremental patches like this. It
upsets the cfbot. (I wish there were a way to tell the cfbot to ignore
patches)

Also, I'm fairly certain that a good many of your changes are not
according to project style. The rule as I understand it is that
<parameter> is used for things that are parameters and <replaceable> is
only used for things that are not parameters. (I'm not sure where that's
documented other than the comment on commit 47046763c3, but it's what I
attempted to do with the earlier doc tidy up.)

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan