How to I relocate the Postgresql data directory

От Vorpal
Тема How to I relocate the Postgresql data directory
Дата
Re: How to I relocate the Postgresql data directory  (Darren Duncan <darren@darrenduncan.net>)
Re: How to I relocate the Postgresql data directory  (Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-general
PostgreSQL was installed as part of other software.
The data folder is a subfolder of D:\Program Files\
Specifically:
"D:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin\pg_ctl.exe" runservice -w -N
"pgsql-8.3" -D "D:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data\"

For various reasons I would like the data directory to be:
G:\PostgreSQL\8.3\data\"

I created this directory, and changed the line in the service startup,
however the service threw an error on startup.

What is the correct procedure for re-positioning the data directory.

Thanks,
--Vorpal