Re: [HACKERS] [BUGS] BUG #14699: Statement trigger and logical replication

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [BUGS] BUG #14699: Statement trigger and logical replication
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] [BUGS] BUG #14699: Statement trigger and logical replication  (Euler Taveira <euler@timbira.com.br>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 6/16/17 09:13, Константин Евтеев wrote:
> <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com
> <mailto:peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>>:
>
>     I think this is all working correctly and as intended.
>
> But then, why data copy for init logical replication fires statement
> trigger. May be it is also not nedeed?
> Or this feature needs to be mentioned in documentation?

I don't know.  Hackers?

The issue is that the logical replication initial data copy fires a
statement trigger for INSERT, because it's implemented as a COPY internally.

By contrast, the normal apply worker does not fire any statement
triggers (because they are not "statements").

We could adjust one or the other or leave it as is.