Re: [HACKERS] [BUGS] BUG #14699: Statement trigger and logical replication

От Euler Taveira
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [BUGS] BUG #14699: Statement trigger and logical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

The issue is that the logical replication initial data copy fires a
statement trigger for INSERT, because it's implemented as a COPY internally.

We should document such behavior. AFAICS we discuss later if we should provide an option to fire statement triggers during initial copy.

By contrast, the normal apply worker does not fire any statement
triggers (because they are not "statements").

+1.

We could adjust one or the other or leave it as is.

Let's leave it as is. At least until 11.

--
   Euler Taveira                                   Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/